April 21, 2017
Ontario's Fair Housing Plan
Yesterday the province released it’s Fair Housing Plan, which is being marketed as the Provinces attempt to bring stability to the housing market by increasing supply, and protecting buyer’s and renter’s. Ultimately the main issue in our market is one of supply and not of foreign buyer’s snapping everything up, but people wanting to live in the area and buy a home. Unfortunately this plan isn’t likely to do much on the supply side.
Here’s the coles notes version of what is proposed:
- A 15% non-resident speculation tax on homes in the Greater Golden Horseshoe for people that are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada. The new tax will only apply to the transfer of land with one to six single family residences (i.e. detached, semi-detached, townhomes and condos). The trax comes in effect today (April 21, 2017). The tax can be rebated for those who later attain citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Expanding rent control to private units built after 1991. Rental increases will be dictated by the Province and their annual rent increase guideline.
- The Province will develop a standard lease document to be used by landlords and tenants. In particular they plan to tighten the provision in the Residential Tenancies Act that allows an eviction of a tenant when it is for the “landlords’s own use.”
- Creating a program to leverage surplus provincial land assets across the province for the development of affordable housing.
- Enabling the City of Toronto and potentially other municipalities to introduce a vacant homes property tax. The purpose of which is intended to get the owners to either sell or rent their properties outs, thus adding them to the housing stock.
- Reducing the property tax rate on multi-residential apartment buildings so it’s inline with other residential properties.
- Introducing a $125-million five year program to encourage construction of new rental apartment buildings by rebating some of the development charges.
- Empowering municipalities to use property tax rates to unlock development opportunities (i.e. imposing higher taxes on vacant land).
- Creating a Housing Supply Team made up of provincial staff who will work with developers and municipalities to find solutions to issues facing (holding up) specific housing development projects.
- Targeting issues of tax avoidance and speculation in the housing market of “paper flipping,” or as it’s called in the industry, assignment sales.
- Developing new rules and practices for real estate agents to ensure consumers are represented fairly (it’s about time!!!!). One of the targets identified is multiple representation (double ending) as well as increased standards.
April 19, 2017
New property listed in South Riverdale, Toronto E01
I have listed a new property at 278 Logan AVE in Toronto.
This Luxurious Leslieville Home Has Undergone A Complete Renovation To Create An Exceptional Lifestyle Opportunity. Designed For Low-Maintenance Living, You'll Enjoy A Superior Flr Plan For Entertaining, Quality Finishes & Designer Details. Featuring A Chef's Kitchen, Mstr W/Ensuite, High Ceiling Finished Bsmt, Landscaped Fenced Yard & An Abundance Of Natural Light. Located In The Highly Ranked Morse School District & Steps To The Best Of Leslieville.
April 18, 2017
New property listed in Moss Park, Toronto C08
I have listed a new property at 307 90 Sherbourne ST in Toronto.
Welcome Home To Truly Authentic Loft Living In The Imperial Lofts! Corner Unit Provides Plenty Of Natural Light Through Large Warehouse Style Windows. Beautifully Maintained Exposed Brick With Natural Wood Beams Bring You Back In Time. Attention To Detail And Design Throughout Complements Features Such As 10.5 Feet Ceilings And The Original Hardwood Floors Installed On A Diagonal.Fantastic Layout Allows For A 2nd Bed If Desired To Complement The Full 2 Baths.
Categories: Alderwood, Toronto W06 Real Estate
| Annex, Toronto C02 Real Estate
| Basement Flooding, Flooding Prevention, Solutions for Water in Your Basement, Home Insurance
| Bay Street Corridor, Toronto C01 Real Estate
| Bedford Park-Nortown, Toronto C04 Real Estate
| Birchcliffe-Cliffside, Toronto E06 Real Estate
| Briar Hill-Belgravia, Toronto W04 Real Estate
| Brownridge, Vaughan Real Estate
| Building Weath; Real Estate Investing; Home Equity; Mortgage Rates
| Church-Yonge Corridor, Toronto C08 Real Estate
| Credit Report, Free Credit Report
| Credit Score, Getting a Mortgage, Credit
| Crescent Town, Toronto E03 Real Estate
| Danforth Village-East York, Toronto E03 Real Estate
| Dovercourt-Wallace Emerson-Junction, Toronto W02 Real Estate
| East End-Danforth, Toronto E02 Real Estate
| East York, Toronto E03 Real Estate
| Edenbridge-Humber Valley, Toronto W08 Real Estate
| Eglinton East, Toronto E08 Real Estate
| Hanging a picture
| High Park North, Toronto W02 Real Estate
| Home Buying, Affordability, Buying a Home, Toronto Real Estate, Buying Strategies
| Home Buying, Home Selling, Real Estate Mistakes, RECO
| Home Insurance, Basement Flooding, Preventing Flooding in Your Basement
| How to guide
| Interior Design; Design Ideas,
| Interior design; Getting ready to sell
| July 2013 Sales Results, Toronto Real Estate Market
| Kensington-Chinatown, Toronto C01 Real Estate
| Lakeview, Mississauga Real Estate
| Leaside, Toronto C11 Real Estate
| Little Portugal, Toronto C01 Real Estate
| Malvern, Toronto E11 Real Estate
| Market Update
| Mimico, Toronto W06 Real Estate
| Mortgage Rates, Financial Freedom, Property Investment, Mortgage
| Moss Park, Toronto C08 Real Estate
| Mount Pleasant West, Toronto C10 Real Estate
| New Year; 2014; being happy; setting goals
| Niagara, Toronto C01 Real Estate
| North Riverdale, Toronto E01 Real Estate
| Oakwood-Vaughan, Toronto C03 Real Estate
| Palmerston-Little Italy, Toronto C01 Real Estate
| Rathwood, Mississauga Real Estate
| Real estate agent, Fliping a home, renovating
| Real Estate Contracts, Choosing an Agent, Real Estate, Toronto, Realtors, Due Diligence
| Real Estate Investing
| Real Estate Photos; Professional Standards; Realtors
| Retirement; Investment Property; Real Estate; Downsizing
| Rockcliffe-Smythe, Toronto W03 Real Estate
| Runnymede-Bloor West Village, Toronto W02 Real Estate
| Rural Otonabee-South Monaghan, Otonabee-South Monaghan Real Estate
| Scarborough Village, Toronto E08 Real Estate
| Selecting an Agent, Real Estate Industry, Professional Realtors
| South Riverdale, Toronto E01 Real Estate
| Stonegate-Queensway, Toronto W07 Real Estate
| Stouffville, Whitchurch-Stouffville Real Estate
| The Beaches, Toronto E02 Real Estate
| The Broadview lofts, Loft, Condo, Leslieville, Riverside
| Toronto C01 Real Estate
| Toronto Condo Market, Market Update, Toronto Condominiums, Condos
| Toronto Condo Sales
| Toronto E01 Real Estate
| Toronto Real
| Toronto Real Estate
| Toronto Real Estate Market
| Toronto Real Estate Market, November 2013 Real Estate Sales Results
| Toronto Real Estate, Toronto Market Minute
| Unionville, Markham Real Estate
| Victoria Village, Toronto C13 Real Estate
| Waterfront Communities C1, Toronto C01 Real Estate
| Waterfront Communities C8, Toronto C08 Real Estate
| Weston-Pellam Park, Toronto W03 Real Estate
| Willowridge-Martingrove-Richview, Toronto W09 Real Estate
| Woodbine-Lumsden, Toronto E03 Real Estate
| Yonge-Eglinton, Toronto C03 Real Estate
| Yonge-St. Clair, Toronto C02 Real Estate